Re: gEDA-user: passing parameters to a subckt

Steven Michalske wrote:

>> Lack of models is a major road block to get started with simulation.
                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^

> I still don't comprehend why this lack of modes is a problem. I watch
> co-workers that swear by lt-spice spend hours making models.

Readily available models are critical to get started, get the feel for what
is possible and wet the appetite for more. Models don't need to fit exactly
the need of advanced projects. But they need to get basic circuits going.
Having all kinds of opamps included in the default lib is certainly way out
of reach. But three or five generic opamps would be orders of magnitude
better than the advice to roll your own.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Ãffentlicher PGP-SchlÃssel: