Re: gEDA-user: spice libs ( a little puzzled)

On Apr 28, 2010, at 10:47 AM, asomers@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Patching is the real service that it
> provides; due to incompatibilities between simulators, most vendors'
> models won't work in the open-source simulators.

This is also a problem for closed source (the curses on this subject of a PSpice user I work with have burned my ears from 2000 miles away ;-).

One of the difficulties with fixing this in ngspice is poor factoring. I have a private version that's patched to properly compute MOSFET flicker noise from HSPICE parameters, but only for the level 49 model. To fix this properly, I'd have to work up a patch for *every* MOSFET model, because although the noise formula doesn't change between levels, in ngspice it's a separate function and parameter set for each level.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx