gEDA-user: Footprint/symbol generating scripts + question

I'm working on a largish project involving all sorts of tiny SMD stuff,
such as BGA's, connectors, ULLGA6 and similar PCB footprints. In order
to save myself work, I cobbled together a few bash scripts to generate
the regular pad patterns. These can be manually edited afterwards, e.g.
to define an outline, or to add or remove pads.

ïThis one creates one or two columns of rectangular pads:
http://www.linetec.nl/electronics/smdmake

And this one makes a BGA footprint, with an optional outline:
http://www.linetec.nl/electronics/bgamake

If anyone thinks they're useful: enjoy. And of course comments and/or
improvements are welcome too. The most notable thing is that I decided
to use microns rather than millimeters, since floating point operations
aren't exactly bash' forte.

I also have scripts to generate a gschem symbol (two columns of pins)
based on pin names and numbers copy/pasted from PDF datasheets; another
one creates a list of nets by the same method -- but those two aren't
quite finished yet, and require some more manual editing. Still, they
saved me a huge amount of time, and also prevent errors in pin name or
number designations.
If anyone is interested in those, I'll try to complete them and put them
online as well.

One last question: the project I'm working on has several schematic
pages, with several nets spanning multiple pages. For me, this is the
first project of this size, and I wondered about one thing: Are  there
special symbols to indicate nets connected to other schematic pages?
In the reference design on which this project is based (probably made in
OrCAD), those nets have double arrows, but I can't find anything similar
in gschem. So now I have quite a few nets ending in little red squares,
giving the impression that they're open-ended.
The actual connection is there, of course, so it's more of a cosmetic
issue, but I have the feeling that this is not how it's supposed to
look.

Thanks already,

Best regards,

Richard Rasker