Re: gEDA-user: Spam Email to This List

On 04/14/2011 05:09 AM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
gedau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Sorry, missunderstanding. By private I meant hosted privately instead of
hosted by some 3rd company like google.

Just a quick note:
Before the mailinglist and/or the wiki is hosted by some third party business,
I'd volunteer to run it from my webspace. I have a couple of mailinglists
and dokuwikis running smoothly for some years now.

I would like to state a simple preference that this list stay in
its present form.  I find the web-based forum awkward and a PITA
compared to a mail-list.  This list has a VERY low SPAM level
compared even to web-based solutions.  Please do not over-react
to a little spam.

On the occasions I use gEDA I find it fills my needs and I like
stay up-to-date.  Each time I use it, I pull the sources from HEAD
and build the latest.  So far, it has alway built out-of-the-box
so to speak.  It pleases me to see steady progress.

I fully realize I am mainly a consumer of information on this
list and not actively involved in development, QA or support.
I only use gEDA a few times a year and then even on small projects,
and as such I am not entitled to any say in the matter.

This is just a simple request, please keep the mail-list interface.

Regards all,
Ray