Re: gEDA-user: Split ground planes and zero ohm jumpers

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Stephen Ecob
<silicon.on.inspiration@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> What, if there was a way to flag a track as "don't look" for connectivity
>> check? You'd attach the flag to the segment that bridges the domains.
>> That way, the DRC check would still be sensitive to violations at other
>> places. Such a DRCignore flag might have more legitimate uses. E.g, the
>> outline lines may be be marked like this if vias deliberately hang over
>> the edge of the board.
>
> It would certainly be useful - I'd use it on just about every board I lay out.
> This idea is close to what was discussed in January 24-28 in the
> thread "gEDA-user: gschem: directly connecting two nets?"

The thread seems to be discussing a slightly different topic. From
what I gather, a schematic has two nets, say VCC2V5 and VCCAUX. At
some point, you just want to bridge the two so that VCC2V5 is
providing VCCAUX. When transitioning over to PCB from gschem, there is
then no difference between connecting a component to VCC2V5 or VCCAUX.

The use case I'm talking about, you have two nets, say GND and AGND1
which are two planes that are connected at a single point. Connecting
a component on the AGND1 side is different that connecting a component
on the GND side.