Re: gEDA-user: Editting others symbols in gschem

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Rich Walker wrote:

> In message <Pine.LNX.4.21.0108172240320.27248-100000@localhost>
>           Stefan Petersen <spe@stacken.kth.se> wrote:
>
> > Hi Rich,
> >
> > On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Rich Walker wrote:

[snip]
> > > But when the file is *not* group-writeable, gschem doesn't give any
> > > error when the file is saved! Big problem!
> > >
> > > Can this be fixed?
> >
> > I don't find this "easy" fixable. The program checks only if the local
> > user _can_ write, it doesn't care about group persmissions.
>
> Sorry; I've not described the problem correctly.
>
> fred opens pic.sym
> pic.sym has permissions "rw-r--r-- bert users"
> fred works for a while on pic.sym
> Then fred saves pic.sym
>
>  *NOTHING HAPPENS*.
> No error. No modification of the file. No indication that the file
> is not changed.
>
> This is a bit of a problem!

I missunderstood you. Yes sure that is really a problem! I think someone
silently ignores the return code somewhere. I look into it (unless you
don't have a patch I can apply directly:-) ). I'm a bit busy trying to
release another project.

Thanks for the bug report.

Regards,
/spe