Re: gEDA-user: PCB PKG CONNECTOR

Mikey Sklar wrote:

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, Terry Porter wrote:

Using the graphical footprint design technique in the 1.99 series, just
use a make your own part and save it to your local pcb parts directory. I
havent used M4 to make a part since I started using the 1.99 series.
This works fine within PCB.

Btw, the exact terminal block I needed did come with PCB.

/usr/local/pcb_lib/connectors/3terminal_screw_block

Its still not clear to me how to make a new FOOTPRINT on per project
basis for gschem2pcb automation. I realize I could mess with the system
wide pcb files under:

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/pcb/m4

Creating a custom .list, .m4, and .inc. Followed by modifications to
common.m4 to include the fresh .inc file. Seems like enugh work, that
I'm taking the wrong approach.

Is anyone able to easily able to generate fresh footprints for usage
within gschem and PCB without this sort of system wide hackery?

Yes, I generate land patterns for pcb at least every other week. Take a look at my document

www.meierrippin.com/pcb_landpattern_design.pdf

I created a directory within /usr/local/share/pcb/newlib

giving me /usr/local/share/pcb/newlib/MeierRippin

I put my good landpatterns in this new directory where I can easily get at them. Enclosed is my pattern for a R0603 surface mount resistor.

#  0603 surface mount resistor landpattern
#