Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meetings at MIT starting this September!

On Aug 23, 2004, at 12:19 PM, Karel Kulhavý wrote:
I have been soldering a copper HDD water cooler this way - put an iron
plate over gas stove, heated the biggest part up, and then it was just
play with liquid solder and rosin (I bought a 1kg bag in a drugstore).
Your drug stores sell rosin?  Ours sells Doritos, but I don't think
that
counts.  :)
  Umm, yeah.  For some reason that gave me the mental image of trying
to use sun tan lotion as flux. ;)
I sometimes use citric acid (in solid crystalline form) as a flux
and citric acid is being sold in drugstores too :)
  Hmm, I'll bet that smells good, too! :-)

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire             "...it's a matter of how tightly
Cape Coral, FL             you pull the zip-tie."       -Nadine Miller