Re: Soldering irons [was Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meetings at MIT starting this September!]

On Aug 23, 2004, at 9:31 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
Ah, but which soldering iron?  I'm in need of an upgrade at the
moment...  Nothing fancy, but able to safely handle surface mount
parts.
Not sure who you're asking here, but I strongly recommend Metcal irons for SMT work. The price on this one is about twice what it should be, so don't use that as a data point, but here is the model that I use:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3835290314

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire "...it's a matter of how tightly
Cape Coral, FL you pull the zip-tie." -Nadine Miller