Re: gEDA-user: Printing your artwork

Hi

tir, 09 08 2005 kl. 07:15 -0400, skrev DJ Delorie:

> The instructions that came with my paper said to print your artwork
> onto a regular paper page, then cut out small rectangles of the
> transfer paper and tape them over the print on that page.  Then print
> again, and it should print the pcb artwork right on the little
> rectangles of transfer paper.

Ok, thats a workaround. A bit complicated, you have to fiddle around
with offsets. And you are always in the danger of having to take your
printer apart to get rid of the sticky tape, which is jammed inside.

> It would be cool if pcb had an option for printing all the layers on
> one postscript page though.

Set all the layers to be at the solder side, and use the file

vx7interface5.pcb.output_back.ps

it contains all the copper.

>   But then how do you ask how much margin
> to leave between each layer?

?? If you are using above method you don't have to stack layers.

I agree it would be nice if PCB had a little better output
possibilities. I once saw a program where you were able to move your
output around on the output page just by dragging the image around; but
I can't recall which one. Perhaps Corell Draw??

Could be nice to have such a feature, combined with some rulers it could
enable you to make the exact spacing between 2 pcb layers, so one could
make double sided pcb's just by wrapping the transfer foil around the
edge of the board. No alignment needed.
--
Vy 73 de OZ1GNN

Christian Treldal