Re: gEDA-user: Printing your artwork

Em Ter 09 Ago 2005 08:05, Christian Treldal escreveu:
> Hi guys
>
> I've made a small pcb. The ps output is ok, it prints nicely to scale.
>
> I plan to use the toner transfer method to make the print. I am using HP
> inkjet overhead film for the transfer, and to save the costs (no I'm not
> a Scotsman) I wonders if someone has run into a program, that easily
> lets you multiply and arrange the pcb printout on one page, without
> destroying the scaling of the pcb.
>
> I've tried the Gimp, but it seems much to complicated for me. It lets
> you import and arrange the pcb's; but one seems always to end up with a
> printout, which is out of scale.
>
> I'm am aware, that of course its possible to fiddle with scaling in The
> Gimp; but I feel there is far to many options which could go wrong.
>
> Any bright ideas before I'm running out of toner.

When I need to edit the ps output (I allways do it, I put logos and stuff) I
use pstoedit to convert to sketch (like pstoedit -f sk bottom.ps bottom.sk)
and then open it in sketch (that is renamed to skencil) and open it in it.
Sketch (or skencil) is a vector-based graphic editor like Corel Draw, and I
do a lot of thins in it, like putting texts and drawing stuffs. The, I save
is as a postscript file, and it is! Sometimes I made the board in the toner
transfer mode, or I send the ps to a plotting bureau and made photolits to my
pcb vendor.