Re: gEDA-user: Printing your artwork

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 01:05:46PM +0200, Christian Treldal wrote:
> Any bright ideas before I'm running out of toner.

Before I changed to using www.pcb-pool.com, I used to take my PostScript
output from my PCB tool (Labcenter ARES), and put it through a little Perl
script I wrote which panellised the artworks.

PostScript is just another programming language, and depending on how the
tool generates the code, you can just cut-and-paste sections of the second
(and subsequent) PS files into the first one.  PS has a "set origin"-type
command so that you just have to add one line which shifts the entire
artwork to stop it overwriting the existing ones.

I'm afraid I don't have the Perl script any more (and it probably wouldn't
work on gEDA's pcb), but you can probably use the same concept.

You can use ghostview (or similar) to check the artworks have been arranged
correctly before printing them.

--
David Smith            Work Email: Dave.Smith@xxxxxx
STMicroelectronics     Home Email: David.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx