gEDA-user: installation problem

Hi,
 I'm trying to install the latest geda released some days ago (with the
buildall.sh script) in a gentoo machine and I've found some extrange
behaviors in the installer asking for sources packs when the programs
are installed, more specifically: I have installed pkg-config, gettext,
freetype but I had to download them again and put the tar.gz files in
the geda dir for the installer to work.

Is that because a version mismatch ?, does the installer need the always
these source packages ?

Besides that, the installer needs docbook2pdf which was very difficult
to find and I don't know if the installation I did was correct because I
think it was replaced for 'docbook2ps --pdf' or something like that.

Anyway, I were able to get almost all the mentioned packages, but the
big problem is render-0.8.tar.gz, anybody knows where to get it ? it
seems to be obsolete (I did found some rpm's for Redhat 6.1 !!)

I'm now trying the cvs version and trying to compile manually the
packages one by one.

Regards

Olgierd