Re: gEDA-user: setting text editor for gEDA

Hi Paul,

On Saturday 27 August 2005 16:55, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> I wish to edit one file with Text editor from Tool menu, but can't.
>
> How can I configure gEDA to use one text editor?

The editor is hardcoded to "-----" in the sourcefile tool.c.
I'm not sure whether there is a special reason for this.

If you replace it with $EDITOR and recompile, than you'll be able to set
your editor via an environment variable.

To other programmers:
Any objections to change that command to "$EDITOR"?

regards
Werner