Re: gEDA-user: setting text editor for gEDA

Hi Paul,

On Saturday 27 August 2005 19:28, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 06:09:52PM +0200, Werner Hoch wrote:
> > If you replace it with $EDITOR and recompile, than you'll be able
> > to set your editor via an environment variable.
>
> I replaced it first with $EDITOR then recompiled it and install it.
> I do export EDITOR=mcedit on the Bash prompt, then run gEDA, but
> still can't use Text editor from the Tool / Text editor menu.

Mmh, I've tested it on my computer an got following results:
It works:
  * if I start geda from the same shell window where
     I exported $EDITOR
  * if I set $EDITOR in the login shell (in ~/.profile) and the
     editor does not need a terminal
     (for example xemacs instead of mcedit)

> Then I replaced it with "mcedit" and do the rest, but still remain
> the same.

> Why can't I succeed with it? Thanks for any advices!

Can you tell me how you've started geda?

regards
Werner