Re: gEDA-user: setting text editor for gEDA

Hi Werner,

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 06:09:52PM +0200, Werner Hoch wrote:

> On Saturday 27 August 2005 16:55, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> > I wish to edit one file with Text editor from Tool menu, but can't.
> >
> > How can I configure gEDA to use one text editor?
>
> The editor is hardcoded to "-----" in the sourcefile tool.c.
> I'm not sure whether there is a special reason for this.
>
> If you replace it with $EDITOR and recompile, than you'll be able to set
> your editor via an environment variable.

I replaced it first with $EDITOR then recompiled it and install it.
I do export EDITOR=mcedit on the Bash prompt, then run gEDA, but still
can't use Text editor from the Tool / Text editor menu.

Then I replaced it with "mcedit" and do the rest, but still remain the
same.

Why can't I succeed with it? Thanks for any advices!

--
Regards,
Paul