gEDA-user: Soldering with cheap Stencils at home

Seems I'm starting an 'at home series'. :-)

On Aug 22, 2004, at 8:55 PM, Charles Lepple:

>> But "reflow soldering" is much more practical.  I'm gearing up for
>> that here right now.  You take "solder paste" (a mix of finely
>> powdered solder and flux) and apply it to SMT pads with a syringe.

>At least one PCB proto house has a deal on solder stencils-- thin
>sheets of metal (stainless steel, IIRC) which you place over your
>board, and spread the solder paste across with a squeegee. From there,
>it's just as Dave described.

I believe what Charles was referring to is now:

http://www.smtstencil.com/

as described here:

http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorial/SMD_Printing/SMD_Printing.htm

Anyone have experience with the cheap stencils or SMT Reflow Skillet,
described in those pages?

Now if I could only find a cheap and easy automated 'drill at home' system
like:
http://freeandeasy.sourceforge.net/

Might as well round out this At Home stuff with:

"Low Cost SMD Soldering Guide"
http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?module=dpDocs&func=index&cid=4

Anyone else have 'At Home' tips or links good for new-comers to SMT?

I'm not a new comer to it, but trying to get someone else up to speed, as well
has getting my own home shop up to date.