Re: gEDA-user: Preliminary release of Install CD

George --

Thanks for the Install.log.  Your problem is that you are installing
from an old CD.   Indeed, the log shows that the version of GSpiceUI
which fails on your machine is 0.8.08, which may be from the 20060124
CD, if not earlier.

Building this old version of GSpiceUI will certainly fail on any
system holding gcc-4.x, since the GNU folks decided to impose a strict
type-checking compiler with the gcc-4.x release.  This is a known
issue with the older CD, and is covered ad naseum in the wiki.

Please download and run the latest CD from my website here:

http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/

(Bottom of page.)  I always put the most up-to-date version of the
Install CD there so that people may test it.

When you run it, make sure the version is 20060731, which is encoded
in the file name as well as displayed in the "licence" screen (second
screen IIRC).

I have tested the new install CD on FC4, FC5, and SuSE10.0 so far, and
it seems to run without a hitch.  When you install your Linux distro,
it helps to include as many "devel" packages as possible, particularly
those having to do with software development and Gnome.  The installer
should help you deal with the dependencies, but it never hurts to have
them in place beforehand.

Good luck!

Stuart