gEDA-user: Problems with CD installation

Hi,

At first, please forgive my poor english. I've been trying for two days
to install gEDA with the CD installer in my computer (with Guadalinex
V.3 - a Ubuntu version). The fact is, at the first step, when attempting
to configure headlines (I think), the installer asks me the root
password. I fill in, and exits. Log Windows and Installer vanish! I was
waiting some minutes because program advises about a working period but,
mustn't the log windows,anyway, being working? And of course, it seems
to crash. No hard disk activity at all.

The other alternative, install by Synaptic or so, didn't work properly
too. Program installs, but Schematic or another applications didn't seem
to be installed.

Please, a solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-) Thank you.