Re: gEDA-user: Problems with CD installation

The Install CD doesn't work with stock Ubuntu.  Please use .debs to
install on Ubuntu.

In any event, if you want to continue playing around with the CD
Installer, do this:

1.  Grab the latest CD .iso image from here:

http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/

(.iso is on bottom of page).  Make sure you are using the latest
version (20060731).  The older CD doesn't work on more up-to-date
distros for a variety of reasons.

2.  Run the CD Install with the --log flag set.  Please read the
README to see how to do that.

3.  Please read the gEDA wiki thoroughly for all tips regarding gEDA
installation.

4.  In the future, if you have more problems with the CD Installer and
want support from the geda-user list then send the Install.log file
along with any e-mail.  Also please report your Linux distro, version,
(which you did), and which version of the installer you are using.

HTH