Re: gEDA-user: Preliminary release of Install CD

Stuart,

I thinks its an improper text string. There were additional junk chars that did not show up in the
paste buffer.

George

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 15:02 -0400, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> Stuart,
>
> Built successfully. One error message:
>
> ./installer.exe:485: GtkWarning: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert: assertion
> `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed
>  \uffff(

Thanks George!  I'm happy to hear you were successful!

The above message is a GtkWarning.  It didn't prevent the installer
from running to completion, right?

Although I don't like the GtkWarnings, just about every Gtk program I
use seems to generate them (i.e. not just the stuff *I* write, but
just about everything).  The above warning has to do with the PyGTK
stuff which underlies my installer.

I think the reason for the warnings is that Gtk is set to complain
about warnings by default to prod people to clean up their code.  Does
anybody know of a way to disable this "feature" (e.g. using environment
variables)?

Stuart