gEDA-user: Installation problem wxGtk]

Thanks a lot for support!
I've tried with the new ISO at http://www.brorson.com/gEDA and the problem
with gtk is solved!
Anyway I've the same problem with gd.
It starts installing gd but after a while it stops.
The installer says I need gd, but afetr trying to install I receive the
following in Install.log:

Preparing to install gd libraries. . . .

Now start process of building and installing gd.

I need root in order to execute this command.

    ---  Starting expect session  ---
Sending su
Timeout waiting for password prompt
Spew received up to now: ciccio:/media/CDROM #

If I try:
rpm -qa | grep gd
I receive:
gdbm-devel-1.8.3-241