Re: gEDA-user: Installation problem wxGtk]

Ok, the problem is that the root login session is apparently logged in
before the system would normally ask for a password.  Then, my
installer times out waiting for the password prompt.

Therefore, my next question:  Does your system have a root password?
Or do you just hit return as the root password?

The installer need to see a request for the root password before
proceeding to install the system dependencies.  I can think of two
ways it wouldn't get it:  1.  You are already logged in as root.
2. Your system has no root password.

If your system has no root password, please configure it to have one.

Stuart