Re: gEDA-user: SMD soldering challenge status

> The success of this circuit depends on what `low' valued means here.  To
> get visual frequencies, for a couple of Hertz we might need between 0.1
> and 1 microfarad or so.  We would have to breadboard the circuit to find
> out appropriate values for the cross coupling capacitors.  (Although
> probably not with those 01005 components... ;-)

The least expensive ones are in the pF range.  We can afford one or
two bigger ones, but we can't afford to make them all bigger.  Plus,
you'll need a resistor or two, those are more also.

If we did multiple transistors, they'd have to be different sizes (not
a big deal) and you don't get the fine-pitch challenge with them, like
you do with the mini-gates (SOT-323-5 and TVSOP).