Re: gEDA-user: analog switch idea

al davis wrote:
On Saturday 05 August 2006 09:46, gene glick wrote:
Hey, I am curious, noise adds as the root of the sum of the
squares, right?
..because it is uncorrelated.
Yep, that's how I remember it :-)

How does distortion accumulate? Seems to me that it just adds linearly.

Sometimes it adds linearly. Sometimes it cancels. Good designs will use this cancellation to advantage.

How does that work? I'd have to know, pretty well, the transfer function of whatever is causing the distortion. I can see using that to my benefit, but how else could this work?