Re: gEDA-user: Example of ground-plane autorouter bug

Stefan Salewski wrote:

Hello,

if someone is interested to verify or investigate the problem of pcb (PCB version 20060422) with ground-planes and autorouter usage.

I have just verified that the current CVS version routes your test board just fine. There is no need to place vias for the SMD ground connections. The auto-router will do that for you. All that is required to use the plane is for you to connect at least one connection in the net to the plane so that the router know which net the plane belongs to. For your case, a thermal on J102 alone is sufficient.

Some day soon I plan to add a dialog to control the auto-router paramters so that you can adjust the cost (penalty) of each layer etc. That way you could create a "fake" layer for jumpers and make the cost on that layer very high, yet allow the autorouter a way to use the layer.

Cheers,
harry