Re: gEDA-user: Example of ground-plane autorouter bug

> Topological router? Is that some sort of lotion you apply to the
> board?  :-)

That's the tropical router.

A topological router is like our gridless router, but instead of using
rectangles with edges parallel to each axis, it uses triangles whose
vertices are the various pins, pads, vias, etc.  In theory, it
performs much better when autorouting mixed pitches, rotated parts,
mixed-grid parts, etc.

At least, that's what I can figure out from the limited amount of
published info I have access to.