gEDA-user: How to change the length of multiple nets at once?

Even as I wrote the question, I came up with one answer, but I'll ask
the question nonetheless.

I have a schematic with a bunch o' nets that go from one sheet to
another.  I simply copied them from various places on sheet 1 and
pasted them on sheet 2.  Now I see that they are not all the same
length.  I want to attach them to a connector on sheet 2 and have the
text for the netnames all align.  Then I want their right hand sides
to all align.  Half of them don't.  So far, I just go down the page,
clicking on each net and dragging it out to my common stop position.
Is there some way to adjust the length (i.e. end points) of multiple
nets at once?

The answer I came up with as I wrote this was to attach off-page
connectors to each of the nets, then I should be able to grab
multiples of those and move them left or right as I desire.  It could
be argued that having off-page connectors is a good idea in the first
place.  But I am still curious to learn if there is some other
mechanism to do this.

--wpd