Re: gEDA-user: Renumber in PCB/Was/Is List

Patrick -

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 03:51:41PM -0400, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> The feature I'm most looking forward to coming out of this exercise is
> the ability to back annotate pin-swap information.  Right now I'm just
> plugging my busses together between the processor and the memory (or
> interface connector, or whatever), anticipating that when I look at
> the rats nest I'll wish I swapped the order of a few things.  If I can
> do that in PCB and then flow the information back to the schematic,
> that will be great.

I've given up using schematics for this sort of thing.
I just lay out the board, export the net list to a table
(or spreadsheet, if you like), and then derive the mapping
between FPGA signal names and pins from that list.
The schematic is reserved for things other than connecting
100 dots on one chip to 100 dots on other chips.

Example: http://recycle.lbl.gov/llrf4/

   - Larry