Re: gEDA-user: Renumber in PCB/Was/Is List

>you have to be a bit careful here.
>you have R1, R2, R3 on your board which will get renumberd as
>R2 -> R1
>R1 -> R3
>R3 -> R2

> So it seems like maybe what needs to happen is generate an internal
> was/is list and then for each pin on a net apply the was/is change.

Protel generates a unique hash, which is a long random string, that is used
as an anchor point, while things are being renumbered.   The first
placed part will be assigned a hash, the seconds place part the next hash.
Then no mater how things are renumbered you always know the first place part,
tho I've never find a reason to care about that.  This method keeps things
from getting scrambled during the renumbering.