Re: gEDA-user: Renumber in PCB/Was/Is List

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 21:58, Dan McMahill wrote:

> Just to be clear, DJ was talking about the case where R1## are on page
> 1, R2## on page 2, etc and was suggesting that a board level renumbering
> wouldn't mess with the 1st digit.  It is this particular case where
> you're trying to maintain some of the schematic numbering where I
> wondered if renumbering from the layout made sense.  In the case were
> you're globally renumbering from layout I can certainly see that it
> would be a preference for some people.

It is my preference that the designators do retain schematic page reference.
I do projects with lots of parts, but only can print out Letter sized schematic
pages.  Makes the board a lot easier to stuff, and less clutter on the bench,
if you only have to deal with one page at a time.  That option should be
configurable.

>R1 R2 R3
>R4 R5 R6
>R7 R8 R9

>but maybe you want left to right then top to bottom like

>R1 R4 R7
>R2 R5 R8
>R3 R6 R9

In my many years at a contract manufacture it has always been one of those
two, I have never seen the others you listed,
unless it was completely random; those sucked to work on.

--
 http://www.softwaresafety.net/ http://www.designer-iii.com/
                 http://www.unusualresearch.com/