Re: gEDA-user: double buffering in gschem?

[snip]
>   I know X11 can do it (I've done it in Xt apps ages ago) but I don't
>know how deeply that stuff is buried underneath gtk.

	The lack of double buffering is purely a gschem issue and how
rendering is implemented.  It's just the way gschem was written way
way back (for various reasons).  Hardly optimal.  Can it be fixed, sure.
Does it involve a bit of work, yes.  Might be a fun project too. :)

	If you want a faster pan, use a mouse pan, that has some
optimizations to speed the redraw up a bit.

								-Ales