Re: gEDA-user: double buffering in gschem?

[snip]
>Sorry to show ignorance, (as I'm away from my computer and the code, so I=
>=20
>can't easily check myself) but what is the "backingstore" used for if it=20
>isn't double-buffering?
>
>I recall on many occasions, the backingstore pixmap being drawn to=20
>simultaneously with the screen (which obviously isn't true double=20
>buffering), but isn't the backingstore used for expose events etc?

	The backingstore is used primarily for expose events.  So,
as I said, it is possible to add true double buffering in gschem, but
it will require a little bit of work.

	I did try this a while ago (used the backingstore to implement
double buffering), and yes the display didn't flicker, but I wasn't too
happy with the performance.  As DJ mentioned, the right way is to do
partial screen redraw.	That should yield far better performance.

								-Ales