Re: gEDA-user: Re: Re: New release of gEDA install CD

[snip]
>* gschem pans with the mouse ---> Pan is a bit too sensitive. The
>schematics moves 4 times as fast as the mouse. I'd prefer a
>1:1 movement or 1:2 maxiumum. Mouse acceleration is taken care of by the
>window manager.

	You can control the amount the mouse moves by changing/overriding
the following rc keywords:

; mousepan-gain integer
;
; Controls how much the display pans when using mousepan.  A larger value
; provides greater pan distance when moving the mouse, while a smaller value
; provides a smoother, but smaller pan distance when moving the mouse.
(mousepan-gain 5)
;(mousepan-gain 1)
;(mousepan-gain 10)

; keyboardpan-gain integer
;
; Controls how much the display pans when using the keyboard cursors.
; A larger value provides greater pan distance when moving the mouse,
; while a smaller value provides a smoother, but smaller pan distance
; when moving the mouse.
(keyboardpan-gain 20)
;(keyboardpan-gain 10)
;(keyboardpan-gain 1)
;(keyboardpan-gain 5)

>* Less segfaults with gschem. Actually I did not experience any yet. This
>is in contrast to about 10 per session before.

	I'm guessing you were affected by either the glib slice bug or the
various autosave crashes.  Be sure to report any crashes.  Thanks.

								-Ales