Re: gEDA-user: HOWTO configure geda for heavy symbols?

I too am curious about this, although I haven't made the time yet to
go read the heavy vs. light debate in all it's glory.  Currently, I
work in a manufacturing environment where every single item we sell is
made up of a BOM of items that we purchase and assemble in some form
or another.  Thus, when we place a resistor on the board, it has an
internal part number so that purchasing can know when it is time to go
out and buy more of those resistors.  We have a database backend that
interfaces with Orcad that makes this more or less (depending on one's
point of view and time remaining to get the darn board out the door)
easy to select from our parts database.

I have wondered how well/if/ that model would integrate with the gEDA tools.

BTW, I have also wondered how well/if it is possible/ to share design
data between the gEDA tools and Orcad.  The little I've looked, I
haven't seen a converter, and I haven't looked for documentation
describing the Orcad file format in order to write my own, but I
figured I would ask.

--wpd