Re: gEDA-user: HOWTO configure geda for heavy symbols?

All it requries is for some energetic volunteer to write a database
front end with search facility and then make it export symbol files to
gschem or gattrib.  Also, gschem and gattrib would require
modification to accept input through a pipe or a socket.

I thought it might be something in that order... Someday I hope to get
my energy back, right now I have a 3 and a 6 year old instead :-)

John Luciani may have the beginnings of such a system written in Perl.

> BTW, I have also wondered how well/if it is possible/ to share design
> data between the gEDA tools and Orcad.  The little I've looked, I
> haven't seen a converter, and I haven't looked for documentation
> describing the Orcad file format in order to write my own, but I
> figured I would ask.

Doesn't sarlacc do orcad -> gschem?

I hadn't seen sarlacc... it's not on the Documentation page in the
wiki... google finds some emails about it from circa 1999... the link
in the email is broken... I'll poke around some more.
I tried olib (I believe you were the one who pointed me at it), but
its purpose in life is to convert Orcad symbols into gschem symbols,
provided they were exported from Orcad in the proper format in the
first place.

Anyway, I'll try tracking down Sarlacc, if I can wade through all of
the Star Wars references.

--wpd