Re: gEDA-user: gEDA and Eagle play nice together?

PCB also has an autorouter, although its output leaves things to be
desired, IMO.   Another project waiting for a hacker to adopt it. . .

How big is your board?  If it's small or mid-sized, cleaning up after
an autorouter may take as much time as just routing it yourself.
Also, if your board has analog on it, it's not a good idea to
autoroute it since the autorouter won't be careful about maintaining a
good noise-free envorinment around your analog tracks.  (Unless you
are using Allegro or some other heavy-duty tool and you have
programmed in a bazillion layout constraints.)

Autorouters make sense almost exclusively for large, digital boards.
Just MHO.

Also, any board you can do with the freebie version of Eagle isn't
large enough that an autorouter makes sense.  OTOH, if you have the
real version, then it may make sense.  However, if you *really* need
autorouting, then you should drop Eagle, gEDA, etc. and use Allegro or
Expedition, or something like that.

Next point: the amount of hassle and time waste you will incur by
setting up a gEDA <-> Eagle link just to do autorouting will be much
larger than just doing the routing by hand.  Stick with Eagle if you
really, really want autorouting.  (But then you get -- what -- a 3"x3"
2 layer board?  LOL!)   Otherwise, stick with gEDA.

Finally, there is a netlister for gschem (schematics) -> Eagle
(layout).  I don't know if it has been used much though . . . .

Stuart