gEDA-user: Re: HOWTO configure geda for heavy symbols?

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:37:26 -0400, Stuart Brorson wrote:

> Nope.  You got it.

:-)

>> Is there any way to promote the attributes of elements already
>> instantiated?

> I believe this involves playing around with system-gafrc or one of the
> other RC files.

Only option I found is promote-invisible="enabled". This does not help as
it is only looked at when symbols are instantiated.

> As for putting it into the regular gEDA distribution, I strongly vote
> against

I might remove the footprint attribute before I contribute a symbol.
Without the footprint they are light like any other in the newlib. The
heavy versions will be hosted on my website along with the corresponding
footprints. Just don't expect it to be a second Luciani site any time
soon. Electronics is only part of my project...

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog