Re: gEDA-user: [pcb] query about "move to other side"

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 11:24:23PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

> When an two-pin element is mirrored to the other side, it would be
> nice if the pins stay in the same spot on the board, regardless of the
> element's orientation (currently, the pins get swapped if the element
> is vertically-oriented).

I think I filed a bug to this effect.  The main thing that bugged me
was that when I pushed caps to the back, they appeared to fall straight
through, since the rats didn't redraw, but in fact they'd flipped and
I had to rotate them to fix it.  The flip-y/no rat update is a bad
combo for sure.

> mirror selection (i.e. multiple elements, traces, etc) - how to guess
> between Y flip and X flip?  Does it always mirror around the cursor
> point, or around the midpoint of the selection?  How do we guess
> between X and Y flips?

I was thinking of Y (or X, doesn't matter) flip plus 180 degree rotation.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>