Re: gEDA-user: [pcb] query about "move to other side"

> Does this mean that the mirroring is about the x-axis by default?

Yes.  coordinates are always "flipped" by changing the Y value, and
leaving the X value alone.

>  If you are mirroring one element, use it's origin.  This is *usually* pin 1
> for through hole elements, or centroid for surface mount.  If the mark is
> displayed at the part origin, the user will know exactly where the mirror
> point is.  I would not, for example, want the mirror point to be the
> centroid if the origin was somewhere else.  (Consider the case where you
> want to mirror more than one part and maintain the positional relationship
> between them.)

I was mostly thinking about the cases where you have N inline pins.
If you mirror them intelligently, the connectivity is the same
afterwards - no shorts or messed up rats, everything still on the
grid, etc.