Re: gEDA-user: Some more questions to pcb

> While moving my whole board layout I somehow managed to get the
> rectangle sourrunding the board becomming displaced to the grid. It
> used to be exactly on the grid of .25mm but now I cant get it onto
> the grid any more.

Sometimes that happens when (1) you're mixing metric and english
grids, or (2) you accidentally pick it up (or put it down) from a
pad-snap instead of a grid point.  Disable snap-to-pad when moving the
whole board.

To fix it, you'll need snap-to-pad ON.  Select the whole board again,
and pick it up from the outline's endpoints (making sure you snap to
those), then put it down on a grid point.

> Also I wonder what the units are for the gerber drill hole cnc file?
> Can I set the units for that somewhere?

Inch, no.  You can edit src/hid/gerber/gerber.c if you really need
metric.

> Is there a sparse display buffer option, so that when I have the
> whole bord in the copy buffer pcb doesn't draw the outline of all
> parts and therefor moves the buffer quicker?

No.  You could try the lesstif gui, it has a different draw-board
method and, while not always faster, sometimes has a better response
time.