Re: gEDA-user: Rotating reference designators

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 12:03:46 +0200, Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:

> I've just created a simple layout using gschem, gsch2pcb and pcb. I've
> rotated some elements using cut to buffer, rotate, paste. This rotated
> the elementes including their reference designators. How can I rotate
> the reference designators back? Now I have a "C4" facing the other way
> compared to "C2".

You can use the rotate tool to rotate the object under the mouse with
a simple left-mouse-click. Keyboard shortcut to switch to rotate mode
is [F9].

On fairly dense boards you might find it hard to hit exactly the object
you want to rotate. In recent versions of pcb (later than february 2007)
there are two new commands to alleviate this. ("OnlyNames" and
"LockNames") As the GTK GUI lags a bit behind, you might not see these
commands in the menu bey default.

Add the following lines to your gpcb-menu.res file below the line that
starts with ' {"Check polygons" ...'
   {"Only Names" checked=onlynames Display(ToggleOnlyNames)}
   {"Lock Names" checked=locknames Display(ToggleLockNames)}
This will add the two commands to the "Settings" menu.

The fist line when checked, will make everything insensitive except for
the text on silk. The second line will achive about the opposite -- Make
the text insensitive to mouse actions. Both commands come handy on
tightly spaced boards.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211