Re: gEDA-user: Can someone help protect me from myself?

A could of quick pointers...

> And here's the directories I created in my home directory :
>
> root/gaf/

You should create a non-root account for yourself, so you don't
accidentally break some sensitive system-level file.

> I used  OpenOffice.org and opened usr/share/gEDA/system-gschemrc

OpenOffice is a word processor, not a text editor.  Use one of the
many text editors (gedit, vi, emacs, etc) to edit text files.