Re: gEDA-user: always build a prototype!

The problem with using LCD-based displays is that this is going to be
in a dark room next to the bed I sleep in.  I really don't want the
glowing grey rectangle effect that LCDs have.

The OLED display was ideal because it's LED based - the black is
*black* and the digits are only as bright as needed, and there is NO
extra light to annoy me at night.

Most alarm clocks these days are either LCD (can't read at night) or
LED (seven segment type).