Re: gEDA-user: always build a prototype!

On Thursday 09 August 2007 13:35, DJ Delorie wrote:
> I hooked up the bigger OLED to the protoboard today, and it didn't
> work.

"Just found a note that Osram will no longer be making the OLED displays I'm using. Sigh."

Yeah, that is annoying.  I was planing on using them at work too.  The Arrow fellow just
brought in the new Pictiva demo board that he was all happy to show off.
I felt bad when I told him that the company had been shuttered.

http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201201713

Any one know of alternatives to Osram/Pictiva?  Kodak and Sayno are already
out of the OLED biz.

The subject reminds me of a question I've always wanted an answer to
about circuit simulators, as in "always build a prototype".

What do any of the circuit simulators give for this configuration:

With the emitter of a 2N3904 or 2N2222 hooked to +12V through
a 1k resistors, and the base grounded, what is the voltage measured
from the base to the collector?  The collector is open.

Any (NG)Spice/GNUCap etc. users out there that can try it?

--
                http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/
 http://www.softwaresafety.net/ http://www.designer-iii.com/