Re: gEDA-user: always build a prototype!

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Bob Paddock wrote:

> On Thursday 09 August 2007 13:35, DJ Delorie wrote:
> "Just found a note that Osram will no longer be making the OLED displays
> I'm using. Sigh."
>
> Yeah, that is annoying.  I was planing on using them at work too.  The Arrow fellow just
> brought in the new Pictiva demo board that he was all happy to show off.
> I felt bad when I told him that the company had been shuttered.
>
> http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201201713
>
> Any one know of alternatives to Osram/Pictiva?  Kodak and Sayno are already
> out of the OLED biz.

The story seems to be that they're all getting out because OLEDs don't
last much longer than a year or two.  Consider instead something like what
the midibox people are using.  See
http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=9623.msg69547#msg69547

--
David Griffith