Re: gEDA-user: always build a prototype!

On 8/9/07, David Griffith <dgriffi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The story seems to be that they're all getting out because OLEDs don't
> last much longer than a year or two.  Consider instead something like

How is this possible, when OLEDs have been shown to last longer than
incadescent lightbulbs (which certainly last longer than one to two
years these days)?  Something sounds awfully fishy to me.

Personally, I think it's just a matter of economy of scale.  LCDs are
probably quite a bit cheaper to produce, and technology these days
rivals the contrast ratios of OLEDs.

Therefore, there'd be no economic incentive to persue OLEDs.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II