Re: gEDA-user: always build a prototype!

On Thursday 09 August 2007 21:14, DJ Delorie wrote:

> The problem with using LCD-based displays is that this is going to be
> in a dark room

I'll bet my Coal Mine application was darker. :-)
Few people understand what "Dark" is until you are in a place
where there is truly no light.  Your eyes have problems
coping with that and you "see" funky flashes of light
that are not real.

> The OLED display was ideal because it's LED based - the black is
> *black* and the digits are only as bright as needed, and there is NO
> extra light to annoy me at night.

Yes, back lights take power as well.

--
                http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/