Re: gEDA-user: always build a prototype!

On the subject of displays.

Life time is not only measured to half brightness it is also measured to
where non-uniformities become obvious. So a color display's life can be
over when one color fades quicker then another or where the screen image
starts to become blotchy. Humans tend to be very sensitive to displays
our eyes can pick up linear shifts of as little as 4 microns. I refer to
this as being the image processing filter in our brain that eveolved to
spot the tiger in the jungle.

I should mention my last non-elf employed job was developing test
equipment for an fed company. They made really beautifull displays that
had a life of a hundred hours or so.

Ohh well,

Steve Meier