Re: gEDA-user: look of the wiki

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 14:29:53 -0400, Ales Hvezda wrote:

>> How about something like this for the geda wiki too?
>
> I'll consider it as long as it doesn't break the offline docs that are
> distributed with the source.

The template seems to act like a CSS file on HTML. It keeps the content
but presents in a different design.

> What does it take to switch themes in
> dokuwiki?

These install instructions on http://wiki.splitbrain.org worked smoothly
for me. In essence: Put the template at a specific path and magically the
config manager will contain an option to choose it.

/--------------------
  - Download the template (usually a tgz or zip file).
  - [[wiki:install:unpacking|Unzip]] that zip file (which contains all
needed template files) into the ''lib/tpl/'' folder((If the zip file does
not contain a folder itself, you have to create ''lib/tpl/
<templatename>'' and unzip the template files into that one instead.)).
  - Use the config manager to select the new template (alternatively set
''%%$conf['template'] = '<templatename>';%%'' in ''conf/local.php'')

There is a collection of templates at
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki%3Atpl%3Atemplates
with links to download pages. I tried a few until I found the one I liked
best. Remarkably, none of them produces errors when activated.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog